SBI Gram Seva, a flagship program of SBI Foundation was launched in August 2017. It is an integrated rural development program bringing socio-economic change in the villages through adoption of villages. The program has broad objectives of achieving:
• Promotion of Quality Education
• Improving Primary Health Services
• Providing Safe Drinking Water & Sanitation
• Livelihood Generation
• Convergence of Government Schemes
• Empowerment of Rural Women & Youth
• Improvement of Rural Infrastructure
• Environment Protection
Gram Panchayats and local communities are actively involved in planning, execution of the development initiatives so as to ensure participatory and democratic approach. In a nutshell, through Gram Seva, SBI Foundation is working towards building self-reliant (Atmanirbhar) villages, which would grow sustainably.
As on date, 75 villages in 11 States have been adopted by SBI Foundation under the SBI Gram Seva Program.
50 Villages adopted under SBI Gram Seva Program on 14th Aug, 2017